Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nothin' Doin'

So, I was going to write a post today complaining about my parents who I have a tenuous relationship with but they pretend they're oblivious to that and love to suggest last-minute plans as though we don't have a life or anything to do at our house.  It should be safe - my dad is completely computer useless and my mom isn't on any social networking sites and doesn't know I've started a blog but all the same, I have this nagging fear that someday, somehow they'd come across it and be really offended and hurt.  They drive me crazy but I don't want to deal with the fallout from a blog post that pisses them off, all the same.  If anyone has any thoughts on that I'd be interested to hear them.



So, instead, I'm going to tell you that I was very lazy last yesterday.  I didn't do much housework  and we had tuna sandwiches and salad fro supper and then grazed on nachos with dip through the evening.  I had taken chicken out of the freezer to make a stir-fry but The Carpenter was late from work and we felt waiting 20 minutes for food was an imposition we couldn't bear so sannies it was.  Thankfully the chicken wasn't completely thawed so I guess lazy yesterday me forced today me to make stir-fry tonight.

Of course, I would usually have had the tuna for lunch and there aren't any leftovers, either so I don't know what to eat for lunch now.  I'm already feeling snackish, too, at just shy of 10am and there's not much in the house for eats since our produce delivery from F.O.O.D. comes tonight and we have to go to Frigs Natural Meats soon, too.  It appears I won't be going for a quick bus ride to the store, either, as it's -32 (-38 with the windchill) today in Winterpeg.

Ho hum.  I'm off to pitter around my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, guys.